Manure Characteristics is Section 1 of the Manure Management Systems Series.
- Handle manure in liquid, slurry, semisolid, and solid state
- How to sample, test, and identify content relevant to disposal or land application.
- Make a manure sampler
Illustrations. Tables. Examples of problem solving. A worksheet for calculating excreted nutrients based on feed rations.Authors
- Jeff Lorimor, Emeritus, Extension Engineer, Iowa State University
- Wendy Powers, Animal Science, Iowa State University
- Al Sutton, Animal Science, Purdue University