Dairy Freestall Housing and Equipment
ASABE 2014 Blue Ribbon Award
Currently out of stock. Back order due Nov. 2
Dairy Freestall Housing and Equipment, is a complete guide for planning and developing a total dairy facility. Includes cow comfort and manure safety.
This editions' expansive updates include increased freestall dimensions; freestall housing; heifer facilities; milking parlors and equipment; ventilation systems; feed storage and distribution. Safety guidelines for liquid manure storage are also included.
A must have reference for anyone planning a dairy facility, including builders, engineers, veterinarians, extension educators, technical school instructors, equipment suppliers, dairy producers, nutritionists, and other farm advisors.Authors
- Brian Holmes, Lead author, Emeritus, University of Wisconsin
- Nigel Cook, Vet Med, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ted Funk, Emeritus, University of Illinois
- Robert Graves, Emeritus, Penn State
- David Kammel, BSE, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Douglas Reinemann, BSE, Universtiy of Wisconsin-Madson
- Joseph Zulovich, Ag Systems Management, University of Missouri
232 pp., 8 1/2 x 11, illus, softcover, 2013 ISBN 0-89373-109-9