Alternative Systems for Farrowing in Cold Weather
Hoop barn definition: Tubular steel arches fastened to the tops or sides of treated wood posts forming a hooped roof — covered with an UV-resistant, polyvinyl tarp.
This booklet discusses hoop barns as an efficient solution for raising animals.
- Freestalls in retrofitted buildings
- Pasture huts with radiant tube heating
- A Swedish system in a retrofitted and new building
- Greenhouse with radiant tube heating
- Survey of practices at four additional sites
- A hoop within a hoop
Return to Swine / Pork Operations