Horse Facilities Handbook
ASABE Blue Ribbon Award
Horse Facilities Handbook discusses all phases of horse care, including horse building facilities and shelters, equine breeding, and equine control.
- Site planning
- Design and construction of stables, paddocks, and other outdoor and indoor facilities
- Manure management
- Fire protection.
This handbook is a combined effort of Cooperative Extension engineers, animal scientists, and equine specialists at major U.S. universities.
An easy-to-use format, 13 chapters, more than 50 photographs, 111 drawings, 84 tables, and a comprehensive bibliography and index.Authors
- Eileen Fabian Wheeler, ABE, Penn State
- Bill Koenig, Engineer
- Jay Harmon, ABE, Iowa State University
- Pat Murphy, BAE, Kansas State University
- David Freeman, Animal Science, Oklahoma State University