Grain Drying, Handling, and Storage Handbook
Planning guidelines for drying, handling and storage of grain; locations and development of a grain center; safety and health; automation and control; and basic principles of the equipment used for grain drying, handling and storage can be found in this book!
What will I learn?
- Reasons for choosing on-farm storage.
- How design and location of a grain system can help avoid bottlenecks during harvest.
- Matching grain handling components to performance, capacity, and convenience.
- Function and operation of equipment used for holding wet grain, and also drying and cooling grain.
- How to maintain grain quality after harvest.
- How to handle larger grain volumes.
- The need and importance of safety and automation.
We want to acknowledge funding from the NC-213/Andersons Inc Research Grant Program administered by the Ohio State University which helped to make this new edition possible.
Click the following to view the contents of this book: Front Matter with Contents
Errata: Page 32. Caption for Figure 3-9 should be; Coring of the grain mass to remove fines in storage bins.
156 pages, 8 1/2 x 11, color, softbound, 2017