Grain Drying, Handling, and Storage Handbook
ASABE 2018 Blue Ribbon Award!
Who will benefit from Grain Drying, Handling, and Storage Handbook?
- Elevator managers
- Equipment dealers
- Anyone interested in developing grains systems
What will you learn from Grain Drying, Handling, and Storage Handbook?
- Whys and hows of developing a total system for grain drying, handling, and storage.
- If you are choosing on-farm storage for the right reasons.
- How design and location of a grain system can help avoid bottlenecks during harvest.
- Matching grain handling components to performance, capacity, and convenience.
- Function and operation of equipment used for holding wet grain, and also drying and cooling grain.
- Maintaining grain quality after harvest.
- How to handle larger grain volume.
- The need and importance of safety and automation.
We want to acknowledge funding from the NC-213/Andersons Inc Research Grant Program administered by the Ohio State University which helped to make this new edition possible.
Click the following to view the contents of this book: Front Matter with Contents
Errata: Page 32. Caption for Figure 3-9 should be; Coring of the grain mass to remove fines in storage bins.
156 pages, 8 1/2 x 11, color, appendix, glossary, references, resources, illus., softbound, 2017