The House Handbook: Guidelines for Building or Remodeling Your Home
Amazon 5 star review: "The House Handbook is an architectural student must have. Great book for remodels, gen(eral) design and layout, space planning, etc."
This book encourages the concept of universal design in the building process. Affordable. Attractive. Convenient. Efficient. Healthy.
Throughout the book icons point you to these concepts or practices to ease in the development pf an integrated house and landscape plan that fits a variety of life stages, lifestyles, income, and locations.
- Creating a Resident-friendly Home
- Working with Professionals
- Designing a Home, or Choosing to Remodel
- Selecting a Location or a Building Site
- Social Area
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, and Bedrooms
- Home Offices
- Laundry Areas
- Entries, Doors, Halls and Stairs
- Household Storage
- House Utilities
- Building Materials
Dozens of drawings and photographs complement the clearly written text.214 pp, 8 1/2 x 11, paperback, 2006 ISBN 0-89373-101-3 Return to Country & Rural Living Download Version