The House Handbook
The House Handbook: Guidelines for Building or Remodeling Your Home discusses everything necessary to build or remodel a house that is affordable, attractive, convenient, efficient, and healthy.
Cleaver icons point you to these concepts or practices that will help you meet the goal of developing an integrated house and landscape plan that fits a variety of life stages and lifestyles.
- Creating a Resident-friendly Home
- Working with Professionals
- Designing a Home, or Choosing to Remodel
- Selecting a Location or a Building Site
- Social Area
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, and Bedrooms
- Home Offices
- Laundry Areas
- Entries, Doors, Halls and Stairs
- Household Storage
- House Utilities
- Building Materials
Written by 20 experts in their field and representing 12 states. Mary Yearns was lead author, Emeritus, Iowa State University.Dozens of drawings and photographs complement the clearly written text. 214 pp, 8 1/2 x 11, paperback, 2006 ISBN 0-89373-101-3 Return to Country & Rural Living Download Version